Are rank noobs tolerated, here?

CM cmpython at gmail.com
Sun May 4 20:30:35 EDT 2008

On May 4, 7:45 pm, notbob <not... at nothome.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to learn how to program.  I'm using:
>
> How to Think Like a Computer Scientist
>
> Learning with Python
> 2nd Edition
>
> Am I likely to receive any help, here, or is there another irc, forum, etc,
> that might better serve a complete amateur such as myself.  Thnx.
>
> nb

Another good place to be aware of is the Python Tutor List, some great
people helping out there.  You can search the archive and/or subscribe
the list here:
http://www.nabble.com/Python---tutor-f2981.html

I've found learning from scratch is aided if you know what sorts of
things
you hope to do with programming and then work from within that, using
issues
germane to that area as building blocks.