Python and Flaming Thunder

Dave Parker daveparker at flamingthunder.com
Wed May 28 17:46:44 EDT 2008

On May 28, 3:19 pm, "Diez B. Roggisch" <de... at nospam.web.de> wrote:
> > Kind of like how this year's program won't work on next year's
> > Python?
>
> For somebody who has admitted to have only very rudimentary knowledge of
> python that's a pretty bold statement, don't you think?

Everthing I know, I learned from Wikipedia. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_(programming_language)#Timeline_and_compatibility

"Like Perl 6, Python 3.0 will break backward compatibility. There is
no requirement that Python 2.x code will run unmodified on Python 3.0.
There are basic changes such as changing the print statement into a
print function (so any use of the print statement will cause the
program to fail) ..."