Best way to delimit a list?

castironpi at gmail.com castironpi at gmail.com
Tue May 13 06:45:17 EDT 2008

On May 13, 5:28 am, dannywebs... at googlemail.com wrote:
> Hi - I have a list returned from popen/readlines, and am wondering how
> to go about iterating over each item which was returned (rather than
> currently having the whole lot returned).
>
> so far:

> returns ['host1 host2 host3 ... hostN\n]'
>
> i'd like to be in a position to iterate through these, grabbing each
> host.  I have played with transmuting to a str, and using split, and
> this works, but I get the subscript brackets from the list output as
> expected, as the list output is now a string literal, and this is not
> what I want - and I think it's a bit long-winded to do a search 'n
> replace on it - hence why I ask in the subject what's the best way.

> ["['host1","host2", ... ,"hostN\n']"]
>
> Any help is highly appreciated
>
> ta
>
> dan.

Bring up the Google Ring.  Where you only wiggle fingers, it might pay
to get jobs at home.  All we up here would have to do would be
schedule something.  Make a decision is easy in talking.  I think it
would be easy to centralize the time the world's at and redistribute
money.  If all we'd do is normal life, this constrained, open markets
would be easy to set up.  It's just illegal to talk about pricing in
2004 Microecon. classes.