Unhandled exceptions checking

Yosifov Pavel aquagnu at gmail.com
Mon May 26 00:00:01 EDT 2008

On 24 май, 12:58, bukzor <workithar... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 23, 6:31 pm, Yosifov Pavel <aqua... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does somebody know existent tool for checking unhandled exceptions?
> > Like in Java when method throws exception but in code using this
> > method, try...catch is missed. May be something like PyChecker?
>
> > --
> > /Pavel
>
> I know that pychecker doesn't do that. The set of handled exceptions
> is probably much smaller than handled. Almost every line of code can
> throw ten different exceptions (at least my code). I'm not sure what
> specifically the output you'd like to see would look like.

OK. I understand point of view of all responders.
It seems I surmised why it's very difficult to do in tool like
PyChecker:
not only functions/methods but usual Python expression can mask
potential
exception source. And this tool must know how to parse every
expression
deep (to object protocol methods, for example). But it's possible in
principle...
And you are right: the output of this tool will be very verbal :-)

Thanks to all