IDLE 3.0a5 has problems with Unicode

hdante hdante at gmail.com
Sun May 11 19:20:00 EDT 2008

On May 11, 7:27 pm, Sven Siegmund <sven.siegm... at gmail.com> wrote:
> #!/usr/bin/python

 Notice that this line is probably not what you want, unless you
overwrote the default python 2 installation. The line should be:

 #!/usr/bin/env python3.0

 (this is irrelevant to the bug, however)

> IDLE complains about "invalid character in identifier" and highlights
> "zdroj" red in the first line (sic!).

 It worked here (Python 3.0a5 (r30a5:62856, May 11 2008, 19:52:04)
[GCC 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu7)] on linux2). I started IDLE 3.0a5,
clicked the open menu, loaded the file, then run->run module. I've
copied and pasted your code and created the "slovník.txt" file. I'm
using tk 8.4.16.

 Would you mind reinstalling and notice any warning message during
compilation ?