STL multimap

castironpi at gmail.com castironpi at gmail.com
Wed May 7 00:36:00 EDT 2008

On May 6, 10:03 am, Aaron Watters <aaron.watt... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having trouble following your discussion
> and I suspect you might be a friend of Mark V Cheney.
> But I will focus on this one point.
>
> On May 5, 11:14 pm, castiro... at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > If recursive generators are really useless (erect wall might not be),
>
> I would like to have recursive generators --
> for example to be able to traverse a tree
> and yield the value at every node.  Right now
> to do this you need to build a chain of generators
> from each leaf to the root of the tree (or avoid
> recursion by managing your own stack of nodes).
> Every yield must "bubble up the tree".
>
> With stackless Python you create the equivalent
> of a "recursive generator" by using channels
> -- and you can do a lot of other cool stuff with
> channels too.  The "yield" (which doesn't even
> require a special keyword ;) ) goes directly to
> the other endpoint of the channel, with no bubbling.
> It's too bad the Python that comes
> installed on Macs doesn't support channels :(.
>
> I know I didn't address your question or comments...
>   -- Aaron Watters
>
> ====http://www.xfeedme.com/nucular/pydistro.py/go?FREETEXT=ifdef+stackless

Just talking is fine.  (There's an intellectual moment of a group and
thread, which is fine and even fine to measure.)

You may be limiting your target audience to those who have engaged in
intellectual pursuits in computer science.  I may too.

My favorites to generate are "carfulls" of people, which compose
pretty broadly.  I can do roads, traffic, scheduling, etc., and I'd
like to install microrail.  Genetic searches for useful structures
show promise.  But my community has basic needs met: food and hot
running water.  Going more places does not improve quality of life,
nor does going more often.  Art is not very pretty, or for long, and
the art of motion has always been dance.  What generators run, how
often or when, in a good process?

I think feedback is important: if a computer can tell you what you
just said, say with keyboard metrics or recognition, you may get more
choice, and higher quality.

FTR, I am mostly staying off paper and on flash.  If you have a
computer, I'll probably try to set up a tron.py server-- bet it's a
screenful.