How to uninstall something installed by "setup.py install"?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sun May 11 09:02:53 EDT 2008

tinnews at isbd.co.uk writes:

> I have installed a development version of rdiff-backup using its
> "setup.py install" but now find I need to uninstall it. Is there any
> 'easy' way to do this and/or can I find out what files it has
> installed where so I can remove them?

Sadly, the re-invention of package management as seen in
'easy_install' does not implement an "uninstall" command.

This is one reason why many of us avoid it and use system-wide package
management instead. Unfortunately, not all operating systems are
mature enough to have decent package management.

--
 \      "Yesterday I saw a subliminal advertising executive for just a |
  `\                                        second."  -- Steven Wright |