Are rank noobs tolerated, here?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sun May 4 23:26:43 EDT 2008

notbob <notbob at nothome.com> writes:

> Am I likely to receive any help, here, or is there another irc,
> forum, etc, that might better serve a complete amateur such as
> myself. Thnx.

This forum is particularly welcoming to newbies, I've found. Go ahead
and start a new thread for any Python question.

One caveat: When you do compose a message asking a question, please
make the Subject field of your message meaningful by itself and don't
put anything like "Newbie question" in there. If it's a newbie
question, we'll figure that out for ourselves, and it shouldn't affect
whether or not it gets answered.

(You haven't done anything like that, but I'm noting it in advance and
because I hope *other* newbies will also see this and take note.)

--
 \        "I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance |
  `\                                       any day."  -- Douglas Adams |