What is the purpose of ptyhon in Windows

Max Erickson maxerickson at gmail.com
Wed May 7 12:35:49 EDT 2008

WolfgangZ <wollez at gmx.net> wrote:

> parag_paul at hotmail.com schrieb:
>> hi All,
>>
> At least I'm living in a free country and nobody forces me to
> learn python. So I don't fully understand why you HAVE TO learn
> it. When your problems can be solved in a different programming
> language than you should be free to use whatever you like. And
> also why should it be forbidden to create a new programming
> language? Diversity and competition is usually not bad.
>
> --

I imagine that there is some English as a second language getting
involved and the intent of the question was more like "What is
python useful for on Windows?", which has pretty much the same
meaning but is open to a slightly friendlier interpretation(i.e.,
tell me how I can use python instead of tell me why I should use
python).

The other question might be more like "I already know VBS, what do I
gain by learning python?".

(the answers could be "lots of things, including full applications"
and "among other things, you can use it on other platforms, and you
might prefer the syntax".)

max