Python web development that resembles PHP or classic ASP

Patrick Mullen saluk64007 at gmail.com
Tue May 27 02:22:20 EDT 2008

I don't know if my posts are making it to the list, or if they are blocked
or what.  I have posted twice mentioning Spyce (
http://spyce.sourceforge.net/) to you but no one seems to respond to me.
Maybe if I send to you directly?  Spyce has been around a while but hasn't
been updated in a few years.  It's exactly what you want, and the first
python framework I used.

And as I said in a previous post, if you use cherrypy as your controller,
it's not that hard to write a directory access mechanism, and then you can
pretty easily work a system with templates to act like you want.  (You just
have to choose a template system you like and hook it up yourself).  The
whole thing shouldn't be more than about 15 lines of code to set up.

I hope this goes through...