make a string a list

jay graves jaywgraves at gmail.com
Thu May 29 17:44:18 EDT 2008

On May 29, 4:30 pm, Nikhil <mnik... at gmail.com> wrote:
> or a string iterable ? How can I do that. I have lots of '\r\n'
> characters in the string which I think can be easier if it were made
> into a list and I can easily see if the required value (its a numeral)
> is present in it or not after some position or after some characters'
> position.

Hmmm.  Can you state your problem in a different way?

I find that Python excels at string handling and I've never had to
write a pure character scanner like you are suggesting.  Not to say
that you don't need it, I just think that if you give us a small
example of your data and your expected outcome, it would be easier to
help you.