[off-topic] Usenet

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu May 15 05:57:32 EDT 2008

"Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu> writes:

> "John Salerno" <johnjsal at NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
> news:20080514220126.e13d7cf1.johnjsal at NOSPAMgmail.com...
> | On Wed, 14 May 2008 12:58:12 -0400
> | "Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> |
> | > gmane.comp.python.general
> |
> | So that's the same as c.l.p.?
>
> It is the same as python-list, which happens to be the same as c.l.p..

Which, to be clear, is a special case: the fact that the mailing list
'python-list' and the newsgroup 'comp.lang.python' interchange
messages, and are effectively the same forum, has nothing to do with
Gmane. That situation predates, and is unaffected by, the introduction
of Gmane.

--
 \        “Good morning, Pooh Bear,” said Eeyore gloomily. “If it is a |
  `\          good morning,” he said. “Which I doubt,” said he. —A. A. |