Python and Flaming Thunder

Luis Zarrabeitia kyrie at uh.cu
Wed May 28 14:09:31 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 28 May 2008 09:22:53 am Dave Parker wrote:
> I think in a month or two, Flaming Thunder will be using catch/throw
> exception and error handling.  So, for example:

Nice... Flaming Thunder sure evolves quickly. Too quickly to be considered
a 'feature' of the language. Following your posts in this thread, I see that
you 'plan to add soon' every cool feature that every other language seems to
have.

That means that I won't have to test my program only against every major
versions of Flaming Thunder... i will have to test it with every week's
version. With no certainty whatsoever that today's program will work on
tomorrow's FT.

Why don't you wait a bit, until Flaming Thunder is mature enough to be stable,
before trying to advertise it to us? And in the meantime, some of us are
going to keep trying to add all the features we've always wanted, to the next
major version of Python.

--
Luis Zarrabeitia (aka Kyrie)
Fac. de Matemática y Computación, UH.