How do *you* use Python in non-GUI work?

timh zutesmog at gmail.com
Sun May 18 20:41:57 EDT 2008

On May 19, 6:20 am, John Salerno <johnj... at NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all. Just thought I'd ask a general question for my own interest. Every time I think of something I might do in Python, it usually involves creating a GUI interface, so I was wondering what kind of work you all do with Python that does *not* involve any GUI work. This could be any little scripts you write for your own benefit, or what you do at work, if you feel like talking about that! :)
>
> Thanks.

Hi

I work fulltime developing in python and have done so for more than 5
years now, and I would say 99.8% of the time I have not
built anything with a GUI (Unless you consider a web page as a GUI ;-)

Much of my work is web based (zope backend stuff), test frameworks for
windows build environments that need to compare the output of 1000's
of images from rendering pipelines. Lots of data integration and
manipulation utilities as part of processing pipelines. All sorts of
stuff that just doesn't use
a GUI.