Now what!?

Rilindo Foster webmaster at monzell.com
Sun May 11 01:05:02 EDT 2008

I don't know the context of the discussion, since I just joined the
list, but:

On May 10, 2008, at 11:05 PM, hdante wrote:

> On May 10, 8:22 pm, notbob <not... at nothome.com> wrote:
>> On 2008-05-10, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfr... at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>>
>>>    So... in short, you'd need to have been reading a tutorial
>>> specific
>>> to "shell" scripting...
>>
>> I have been.  I'm also trying to learn bash shell scripting, not to
>> mention
>> sed/awk, php, etc.  I should have started this a long time ago, but
>> I'm lazy
>
> Throw all of this away and learn just python. That will be much
> simpler for you.

Ummm, if you are working with Unix and Unix-like systems, you should
know shell scripting. Work through that first and then when you find
that you can't get things done with a shell script, go with Python (or
failing that, Perl :) ).

  - Rilindo