python script to windows exe

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon May 19 09:21:56 EDT 2008

En Mon, 19 May 2008 06:59:22 -0300, sandeep <shiningsandy at gmail.com> escribió:

> the py code that i have written is here.when i run this code i wont
> get any errors it just works fine for me.but when i created the exe i
> start getting an error in my 'getMailContent' function. The error
> description is
>
> TypeError:unsupported operand type(s) for :- 'instance' and 'int'
>
> i dont know why i am start getting this error when i run it through
> the exe.

By example, your code uses os.getcwd() - so it depends on the current dir. Try running it from a different directory. Don't focus too much on the ".exe" vs ".py" difference: it might not be relevant, the error may reside elsewhere.

Please post the complete exception message *and* traceback. Don't retype it; copy and paste the message from the console. Your message above doesn't appear to be correctly typed, it says `:-` but Python would print `-:` and I don't see any `-` operation in your code that could fail in that way.

Also, don't do this:

>     try:
>         mailItem.SaveAs(path+name+".txt",OlSaveAsType['olTXT'])
>     except BaseException:
>         print BaseException

because you're completely hiding important information about *what* happened.

--
Gabriel Genellina