Python and Flaming Thunder

Mon May 19 23:48:03 EDT 2008

On Mon, 19 May 2008 20:20:28 -0700 (PDT)
Dave Parker <daveparker at flamingthunder.com> wrote:

> To whit: you pointed out the awkwardness in Python of having to
> declare a for-loop variable when you only wanted to loop a specific
> number of times and didn't need the variable.

Well, I wasn't so much trying to point out an awkwardness as I was asking if anyone really *found* it awkward. And of course, my question also raises the question of whether or not it's good programming to simply want to do something a certain number of times. I suppose that situation may come up, but I wonder if it can be implemented in a more significant way than simply doing something X number of times.