do you fail at FizzBuzz? simple prog test

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon May 12 03:00:21 EDT 2008

En Sat, 10 May 2008 22:12:37 -0300, globalrev <skanemupp at yahoo.se> escribió:

> http://reddit.com/r/programming/info/18td4/comments
>
> claims people take a lot of time to write a simple program like this:
>

> "Write a program that prints the numbers from 1 to 100. But for
> multiples of three print "Fizz" instead of the number and for the
> multiples of five print "Buzz". For numbers which are multiples of
> both three and five print "FizzBuzz".
>
> for i in range(1,101):
>     if i%3 == 0 and i%5 != 0:
>         print "Fizz"
>     elif i%5 == 0 and i%3 != 0:
>         print "Buzz"
>     elif i%5 == 0 and i%3 == 0:
>         print "FizzBuzz"
>     else:
>         print i
>

> is there a better way than my solution? is mine ok?

Is it correct? Did you get at it in less than 15 minutes? If so, then it's OK.
The original test was not "write the most convoluted algorithm you can think of", nor "write the best program to solve this". It was a *practical* test: if you can't get anything remotely working for such a simple problem in 15 minutes, we're not interested in your services.

(We used this question last year - some people gave a sensible answer in less than 5 minutes, but others did not even know how to start)

--
Gabriel Genellina