Returning to 'try' block after catching an exception

Karlo Lozovina _karlo_ at _mosor.net_
Thu May 22 04:19:40 EDT 2008

Duncan Booth <duncan.booth at invalid.invalid> wrote in
news:Xns9AA6596091F47duncanbooth at 127.0.0.1:

> Catching only the specific exceptions you think you can handle would
> be  more Pythonic: that way things like sys.exit() will still work
> inside some_function.

I know, this was just a somewhat poorly example ;).

> I prefer a 'for' loop rather than 'while' so I can limit the number of
> retries.
>
> The following may or may not be 'more pythonic', but is something I've
> used. It's a factory to generate decorators which will retry the
> decorated function. You have to specify the maximum number of retries,
> the exceptions which indicate that it is retryable, and an optional
> filter function which can try to do fixups or just specify some
> additional conditions to be tested.

Interesting approach, I think I'll use something like that for avoding
infinite loops. Thanks a lot...

--
 _______                                        Karlo Lozovina - Mosor