Photo gallery software

Scott Sandeman-Allen scott at rscorp.ab.ca
Thu May 1 10:59:33 EDT 2008

On 5/1/08, Jumping Arne (arnlen at mac.com) wrote:

>I've searching for some software that would allow me to present my photos on
>the web (I'm not interested a software that generates static pages that I
>upload) and there are quite a few, see for example
><http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_photo_gallery_software>, but I
>haven't managed to find one that I like - Gallery 2 is close.
>
>So I've started to see if there is one that is based python (PHP isn't really
>"my language") but when I search on Google almost the only thing I find are
>photo galleries of snakes (to be honest I didn't know that people were *that*
>interested in pythons).
>
>Do any anyone know if there exists photo gallery software written in Python?
>
>I've found
><http://www.amk.ca/python/code/gallery>
><http://www.developer.com/lang/other/article.php/3734416>

I've been working with Photologue for a while with some nice results.
    <http://code.google.com/p/django-photologue/>

It is a Django project
    <http://www.djangoproject.com/>,

It includes support for tagging:
    <http://code.google.com/p/django-tagging/>

It easily allows configuration of different image sizes and integrates with generic templates providing gallery and detail view support.

HTH

Scott