Psyche (scheme in python), how to run on vista?

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Wed May 21 22:09:08 EDT 2008

On May 22, 5:19 am, notnorweg... at yahoo.se wrote:
> anyone using psyche?
>
> how do you run it on Vista? what file do you click? there is no
> obvious file like psyche.py...

After installation, you should be able to find 'psyche.bat' in C:
\Python2.X\Scripts.

However, it hard codes the path for the python interpreter, so you'll
need to edit it to fix.

BUT! Doing so just reveals the next problem, running it I keep getting
complaints about the following piece of code:

  def get_epsilon(self, None = None):
    """
    Return the mapping for epsilon, or None.
    """
    return self.special.get('', None)

I've never used psyche and I've no idea what the author was thinking
here, but the 'None = None' in the function parameters is a serious
'wtf?' You need to edit site-packages\psyche\Plex\Transitions.py line
85 to be:

  def get_epsilon(self):

Then running psyche.bat will at least get the interpreter running. I
can make no guarantees on its correctness, however. But at least it
_seems_ to work:

    C:\Python25\Scripts>psyche
    Psyche version 0.4.3, Copyright (C) 2002 Y. Duppen

    Psyche comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software,
and
    you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; read
the
    attached COPYING for details.

    psyche> (define (plus1 x) (+ x 1))

    psyche> (plus1 2)