Instance of class "object"

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri May 16 04:57:43 EDT 2008

"甜瓜" <littlesweetmelon at gmail.com> writes:

> Howdy,
>     I wonder why below does not work.
>
> a = object()
> a.b = 1        # dynamic bind attribute failed...
>
> To make it correct, we have to create a new class:
> class MyClass(object): pass
> a = MyClass()
> a.b = 1       # OK

It's annoyingly difficult to search for information on this; "python
class object type inherit bind attribute" aren't sufficiently
distinguishing to know that we're talking about the built-in 'object'
type, and inheriting from it.

I'm interested to know the answer to your question; thanks for asking it.

--
 \     "Don't be afraid of missing opportunities. Behind every failure |
  `\      is an opportunity somebody wishes they had missed."  -- Jane |