slicing lists

George Sakkis george.sakkis at gmail.com
Thu May 8 01:07:38 EDT 2008

On May 7, 11:34 pm, Yves Dorfsman <y... at zioup.com> wrote:

> So would it be a worthy addition to python, to add it right in the core of
> the language, and hopefully in an efficient manner ?

Given that it's a straightforward generalization of the existing
slicing syntax, it sure does make sense from a theoretical standpoint.
Whether it's a worthy addition is debatable though; I don't think
there are many common use cases to convince the core developers to
work on it. OTOH if you (or someone else) comes up with a working
patch, it might improve its chances of getting accepted.

George