unittest: Calling tests in liner number order

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri May 23 22:23:13 EDT 2008

Antoon Pardon <apardon at forel.vub.ac.be> writes:

> The answers seemed to be negative. Since I really would like this
> behaviour

I didn't see you explain *why* you think this behaviour is desirable.
You've already had responses that explained why it leaves you open to
more bugs when code only works if tests run in a specific order.

> Are other people interrested in this behaviour?
> Does the following patch has a chance of being introduced in the
> standard python distribution?

No and no. If anything, unit test cases should be run in a completely
*non*-deterministic sequence.

--
 \         "In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words than |
  `\                          words without heart."  -- Mahatma Gandhi |