wxpython dialog - do something after ShowModal()?

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue May 13 23:49:47 EDT 2008

En Tue, 13 May 2008 09:41:25 -0300, Iain King <iainking at gmail.com>
escribió:

> Hi.  I have a modal dialog whcih has a "Browse..." button which pops
> up a file selector.  This all works fine, but the first thing the user
> has to do when they open the dialog is select a file, so I would like
> the dialog to automatically call the onBrowse function as soon as the
> dialog opens.  However, I don't know how to do this.

I've seen you already answered your question. But are you sure that doing
this is a good thing? If you try to be too clever or too helpful the
interfase may become annoying at some times. You can't guess the user's
intention or read his mind.
By example, what if I already have the desired file name copied in the
clipboard? I don't want the file selector to pop up.

I completely *hate* Windows programs with a "Browse for folder" button
that don't let me paste a name, neither start opened at the currently
selected folder.

--
Gabriel Genellina