SSL through python. possible ?

Todd Whiteman toddw at activestate.com
Mon May 5 16:59:55 EDT 2008

TkNeo wrote:
> ok i have tried around a lot but no luck. I think M2Crypto is my best
> option except it requires a minimum of python 2.4 which i don't have.
>
> What i am trying to do is to do an FTP transfer that uses SSL
> (username, password authentication) and not a certificate file. The
> few example i have found of the Openssl module use a certificate for
> authentication unlike what i want to do.

Komodo uses ssl to provide FTPS support (FTP over SSL), using the Python
ssl socket library. From memory, I think there were problems trying to
get FTPS to work on earlier versions of python (earlier than Python 2.4)
and also a few problems working with Python 2.4 itself.

This code might provide some help (you can search for FTPS):
http://svn.openkomodo.com/openkomodo/view/openkomodo/trunk/src/components/koFTP.py

Cheers,
Todd