looking for membership management software -- Open Source, written in Python

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Tue May 27 09:08:42 EDT 2008

In a message of Mon, 26 May 2008 12:18:47 PDT, miller.paul.w at gmail.com writes:
>On May 26, 10:36 am, Laura Creighton <l... at openend.se> wrote:
>> I'm looking for an application that handles the membership of an
>> organisation -- who's a member, who has paid fees, addressbook and
>> the odd added field.
>>
>> Anybody got one they recommend?
>>

>It sounds like you essentially need a specialized database and an app
>to query the database.  If this is a small organization (under 100
>people, say), then the simplest solution would probably be a simple
>spreadsheet.  Otherwise, maybe something like Organizers' Database
>(http://www.organizersdb.org/) would do the trick.

We're bigger than this, and are very much in the 'we are way too big to
be a spreadsheet any more' phase.

>I haven't actually used this software, but it looks like it's made to
>do exactly what you want to do.

Indeed, but being powered by Drupal makes it a PHP system, and
I don't think I can get our security guys to go for that.  And it
only runs on windows; they're not going to be happy about that either.

>Hope that helps!

Yes, it did.  Thank you very much,

Laura