Newbie to python --- why should i learn !

pistacchio pistacchio at gmail.com
Thu May 8 09:49:01 EDT 2008

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch ha scritto:
> On Thu, 08 May 2008 04:17:01 -0700, s0suk3 wrote:
>
>> Are you a newbie to Python, or to programming in general? I'll assume
>> you are a newbie to programming in general because of that last
>> question you asked. Things in Python are easier than in almost any
>> other programming language. Here are three Hello World programs:
>
> Counterexamples for quite short "greetings" in other programming languages:
>
> (Free)BASIC::
>
>   Print "Hello World!"

freebasic is another language i'd point out to a newbie, even if it is
not as multiplatform as python if. it has a decent community and a large
amount of libraries. it doesn't let you explore functional or, worse,
object oriented programming nor you can write server side programs with it.
The others are examples of easy "hello world" languages, but, passed
that, i think they don't have the same capabilities of python on terms
of support, kind of programs you can write and even overall complexity
(haskell forces you to functional programming, io is really a minor
language, ocalm forces you to di OOP and, if writing hello world is
simple, on the other hand ir may have lines of code that read like:

| [] -> []

and that negatively compesate the easy way you can write "hello world"