USB HID documentation?

ETP Matthew.Moorland at gmail.com
Mon May 5 15:09:47 EDT 2008

I don't doubt I misunderstand since most programming jargon goes over
my head.

That said, I'm sure you can guess my OS is Windows and I don't know
what an API is.  After a quick search it looks like windows uses
something called DirectInput for gaming devices.  Is anyone familiar
with DirectInput?  Is it implementable in Python?

Here's my source: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb219802(VS.85).aspx

Actually, I found this, too:  http://directpython.sourceforge.net/

Sounds like it is very straight forward.  i would definitely still
appreciate any comments or suggestions on the best way to implement a
game controller.

Thanks again.