Learning Python for no reason

Mon May 12 23:38:52 EDT 2008

Matthew Woodcraft wrote:

> I can't tell from what you wrote whether you feel you won't have any
> reason to do any programming, or whether you already know several other
> programming languages and you feel you won't have any reason to use
> Python in particular.

Definitely the former. I've loved programming since I was in high
school, but I've never really had much of a consistent use for it. But
you're right, when there's something to be done that could benefit from
a simple script, it's so much fun to turn to Python to do it.

I think I might try to get involved in helping write the Python
documentation too, so that will keep me involved.