need some help in serving static files inside a wsgi apps

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Sun May 25 07:42:59 EDT 2008

Sebastian 'lunar' Wiesner schrieb:

> [ Diez B. Roggisch <deets at nospam.web.de> ]
>>> I finally managed to work with static files with a little hack, but it's
>>> ugly because I'm reading each static file per request.
>> How else should that work? Apache does that the same way.
>
> I guess, Apache does some kind of memory caching for files, which are often
> requested and small enough to fit into the system memory.  May be, that's
> what the OP is referring to ...

I'm not aware of that, and I even more seriously doubt it. Because
caching is a complicated, domain-dependend subject that would
*immediately* cry for configuration - e.g. caching strategies and such.

And a common idiom for apache & caching is to use Squid as reverse
proxy. Which wouldn't be the case would apache cache by itself.

Diez