Is there no single/uniform RDBMS access API module for Python ?

Peter Decker pydecker at gmail.com
Mon May 12 10:40:26 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 1:45 AM, Banibrata Dutta
<banibrata.dutta at gmail.com> wrote:

> > >  Based on this URL http://wiki.python.org/moin/DatabaseInterfaces , is
> it correct to conclude that there is no RDBMS agnostic, single/uniform DB
> access API for Python ?
> > > Something in the lines of JDBC for Java, DBD for Perl etc. ?
> > >  How is the RDBMS change handled for solutions which need to work with
> different RDBMSs ??
> > >

> > http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0249/
> >

> That appears to be only an API specification. Are there any implementations
> of that ?

You might want to take a look at Dabo (http://dabodev.com). They have
a backend-agnostic interface for working with different databases. I
don't do database apps myself, so I can't comment on how well it
works, but based on the comments of others on the Dabo email lists, it
seems as though it works well enough.

--

# p.d.