should I put old or new style classes in my book?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri May 30 16:00:32 EDT 2008

In article <b9201cbc-5e24-480f-ba55-44227b622c6d at c19g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
 <allendowney at gmail.com> wrote:

>Anyway, I am posting to ask about the current status of new style
>classes.  I am planning to present only one style in the book, because
>the differences between them don't matter for anything I am doing in
>the book.

You've got a tough use-case.  When is your book supposed to be done?  To
what extent to you want to make your book work with 3.x?

Overall, I'm generally in favor of presenting both (I'm opposed to
new-style-only), but in your case it sounds like just new-style would be
better.

Need a book?  Use your library!