Unhandled exceptions checking

Sat May 24 09:49:20 EDT 2008

Yosifov Pavel wrote:
> Does somebody know existent tool for checking unhandled exceptions?
> Like in Java when method throws exception but in code using this
> method, try...catch is missed. May be something like PyChecker?

I've seen this a number of places.  Apparently there are a number
of programmers who find exceptions to be a problem to suppressed,
rather than an indicator of a deeper bug.  Your goal should be to
handle anticipatable problems where you can, and reveal the others,
not to make sure you cannot raise an exception.  Exceptions are
valuable in that they reveal "thinko"s, embrace what they tell you,
and don't look for mechanical ways to avoid them; test them out.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org