do you fail at FizzBuzz? simple prog test

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Mon May 12 22:52:45 EDT 2008

<bruno.desthuilli... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just can't believe someone applying for a programmer position cannot
> provide a sensible anwser in 5 or less minutes.

Try taking a look at the level of discourse in the Google App Engine
group.

It's pretty clear that some - let's say "developers" rather than
"programmers" - developers are simply interested in acquiring usage
patterns for the particular language they're required to develop in.
Being able to extend existing patterns or create new solutions is
completely outside of their scope of interest or ability. My
'favourite' is the "how do I do x?", "can you show me a working
example?", "can you add your example to my code?" sequence, you see a
lot of that.

I'd honestly expect a lot of the current GAE group posters to fail the
FizzBuzz test, especially given that an amazing number of them seem to
be constantly griping about not being able to run production code on
what is currently only a preview framework.

- alex23