People still using Tkinter?

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Sat May 10 11:25:41 EDT 2008

2008/5/10 Zentrader <zentraders at gmail.com>:
> I like New Mexico Tech's site as well.  Also, take a look at the PMW
> extension for additional widgets, and TkTable and/or TableListWrapper.
> http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/tkinter/

There is also Tile, or Ttk since Tk 8.5, if you are interested in
extensions too.
Apparently there are three Tile wrappers now, two are incomplete
(sorry for saying that):

http://bruno.thoorens.free.fr/ttk.html -- Missing Treeview, big part
of ttk styling, maybe other things and it is not only a ttk wrapper
(there are other things besides it)
http://bugs.python.org/file10010/Tile.py -- Missing several methods in
Treeview, big part of ttk styling and maybe something else.

And there is also one I'm doing, that I expect to be complete:

http://gpolo.ath.cx:81/projects/ttk_to_tkinter/

Documentation and samples are still lacking, but I'm working on them.
And I haven't tested it under Windows, so I invite you all to test it.

Regards,

--
-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves