Why Turn "Print" into "Print()"????

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Mon May 26 06:47:36 EDT 2008

On May 26, 7:21 pm, Prisoner at War <prisoner_at_... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> But I'd read that Python 3 is very different in many important ways.
> I read it right there on the Py3K site!  I can't make sense of how,
> why, even what, exactly, but that's not a misimpression on my part, I
> certain nonetheless...it's not just cosmetic changes but important
> ones pertaining to a sort of "linguistic logic" I gather....

Well, let's see what Guido says about the issue:

Q. I want to learn Python. Should I learn Python 2.6 or Python 3.0?

A. Definitely learn Python 2.x (the latest version out is 2.5). I
expect it'll be two years before you'll need to learn Python 3.0, and
the differences aren't that great from a beginner's perspective: most
of what you'll learn about 2.x will still hold about 3.0.

(from http://www.artima.com/weblogs/viewpost.jsp?thread=211200)