php vs python

Michael Fesser netizen at gmx.de
Mon May 26 06:30:45 EDT 2008

.oO(Ivan Illarionov)

>On Sun, 25 May 2008 17:09:43 -0400, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>> Not at all.  I do it every day.
>>
>> And BTW - yes, I write Python, also.  But I find I can write better,
>> faster code in PHP.
>
>I find I can write better code in Python. Maybe it's just a matter of
>personal preference?

Exactly.

>> Do you write PHP?
>I did. And I hated it very much.

See, for me it's the other way round. I really hate Python syntax.
I only touch it for scripting Paint Shop Pro or if some third-party
Python script lacks proper documentation and I have to wade through
the sources to find the informations I need.

So where does this leave us? Nowhere. A language is just a tool and a
tool is just as good as the one who uses it. This was said often enough.

If you hate PHP, that's OK, but it doesn't make PHP a bad or even
inferior language.

Micha