Flash Decoder

Mathieu Prevot mathieu.prevot at ens.fr
Wed May 28 08:11:51 EDT 2008

2008/5/28 Ankit <ankitanand1986 at gmail.com>:
> Thanks for replying guys but could you be a little more specific like
> in terms of steps i shd follow to make the decoder and also how is
> ffmpeg/libffmpeg going to help..

You can start by getting familiar with ffmpeg [1] by playing with it
and glance at its libraries (I call them libffmpeg, but they have
their specific name) allow you to do. Keep in mind that libraries
contain frequently used functions and are written so they can be
reused, shared by other/news softwares eg. the one you want. Start by
opening a flash video eg one .flv [2] file from youtube with a first
python script that use the right component(s) of libffmpeg. Python
allows you to use C libraries.

Mathieu

[1] http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/documentation.html
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flv