WXpython Question

David C. Ullrich dullrich at sprynet.com
Sat May 24 07:33:21 EDT 2008

On Fri, 23 May 2008 06:40:13 -0700 (PDT), Gandalf <goldnery at gmail.com>
wrote:

>On May 23, 3:29 pm, Mike Driscoll <kyoso... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On May 23, 8:24 am, Gandalf <goldn... at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I try to reach a specific wx StaticText element's text and to change
>> > it by clicking on a button
>>
>> > now let's say the this is my element:
>>
>> > wx.StaticText(panel, 15, "Hello" ,(30, 70) , style=wx.ALIGN_CENTRE)
>>
>> > And this is my EVT_BUTTON bind function :
>>
>> > def OnClick(event):
>>
>> > which code shude i enter to change "hello" to "goodbay"?
>>
>> > thanks
>>
>> You're probably looking for SetLabel(). So if you do something like
>> this to instantiate the StaticText:
>>
>> self.myText = wx.StaticText(panel, 15, "Hello" ,(30, 70) ,
>> style=wx.ALIGN_CENTRE)
>>
>> Then you can change your text by adding this to your OnClick event
>> handler:
>>
>> self.myText.SetLabel("goodbye")
>>
>> Have fun! And remember, there's a great wxPython mailing list too:
>>
>> http://www.wxpython.org/maillist.php
>>
>> Mike
>
>Thanks!

You should also note

docs.wxwidgets.org

(I tend to find that by googling "wxTreeCtrl" or whatever.)
The descriptions of various components there are more
complete than in the (excellent!) wxPython book - it's
C++ but usually not hard to figure out what the corresponding
wxPython should be.

David C. Ullrich