File Creation Not Working In A Thread Class?

Duncan Booth duncan.booth at invalid.invalid
Sun May 11 15:50:34 EDT 2008

bc90021 <python at bc90021.net> wrote:

> The error message was at the top of the thread (am I incapable of
> posting it, or are you incapable of following a thread?), but here it
> is again:
>
> IOError: [Errno 2] no such file u'tempfileName'

So which was it? At the top of the thread you said it was:

IOError: [Errno 2] no such file u'fileName'

How about posting the exact error message you got, including all of the
traceback and the complete original code: even when you posted "Here's the
thread class" you actually posted a modified version of your thread class
(with sarky comments added even if nothing else was changed).

If you post complete code and the full traceback then you'll probably get a
quick and accurate response telling you what the problem is. If you
continue to paraphrase and post bits and pieces you'll continue to get
random guesses.