writing python extensions in assembly

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Thu May 22 05:48:52 EDT 2008

On Fri, 16 May 2008 11:21:39 -0400, "inhahe"
<inhahe at gmail.com> wrote:
> They say that the C++ optimizer can usually optimize
> better than a person coding in assembler by hand can,
> but I just can't believe that, at least for me,
> because when I code in assembler,

if one hand compiles C++ into assembler, the result will
doubtless be crap compared to what the compiler will
generate.  If, however, one expresses one's algorithm in
assembler, rather than in C++, the result may well be
dramatically more efficient than expressing one's
algorithm in C++ and the compiler translating it into
assembler.  A factor of ten is quite common.

--
We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because

http://www.jim.com/      James A. Donald