Best way to store config or preferences in a multi-platform way.

Jon Ribbens jon+usenet at unequivocal.co.uk
Thu May 1 12:11:29 EDT 2008

On 2008-05-01, Ivan Illarionov <ivan.illarionov at gmail.com> wrote:
> IMO .ini-like config files are from the stone age. The modern approach is
> to use YAML (http://www.yaml.org).

You mean YAML isn't a joke!? It's so ludicrously overcomplicated,
and so comprehensively and completely fails to achieve its stated
main goal of being "readable by humans", that I had assumed it
was an April Fool along the lines of Intercal or brainf***.

I certainly wouldn't recommend it as being suitable for, well,
anything at all.

Or were you trolling and I missed the joke? ;-)