UTF problem?

Vesa-Matti Sarenius sarenius at sun3.oulu.fi
Sun May 25 15:30:58 EDT 2008

In article <slrng3jf96.hio.sarenius at sun3.oulu.fi>, Vesa-Matti Sarenius wrote:
>In article <mailman.1575.1211740436.12834.python-list at python.org>, Tim Golden wrote:
>>so it's just possible that one of your filenames has
>>a non-ascii char in it without your noticing? (Altho'
>>I'd find that an odd character to include in a filename).
>
>There is somewhere since printing worked when I changed the filename
>completely.

I found the problem place, it is:

cmd = '''"C:\\Program Files\\Ghostgum\\gsview\\gsprint.exe" -color ''' +
full_filename

and with that the full_filename has something utf. I tried repr or .encode
("utf8") there but got "file not found" althougt the script itself worked.

--
Vesa-Matti Sarenius, M.Sc.      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
mailto:sarenius at koivu.oulu.fi   *  Music seems to help the pain *