feedparser

castironpi at gmail.com castironpi at gmail.com
Tue May 13 07:16:19 EDT 2008

On May 13, 6:06 am, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar>
wrote:
> En Tue, 13 May 2008 07:30:44 -0300, Mike <42fli... at gmail.com> escribió:
>

> > I'm trying to use the feedparser module (http://www.feedparser.org/).
>
> > Is it possible to use this without running the setup program?
>
> > I don't see why not, seems like I'm missing something obvious.
>
> > My directory structure is:
>
> > myprogram.py
> >     /feedparser
> >         /feedparser.py
>
> > I know I can install the module in the modules directory but would like
> > avoid this for two reasons: I'm only using it for the one project so
> > would
> > like to keep it seperate, and if I move to a shared host I may not be
> > allowed to install additional modules (not sure if this is correct
> > though).
>
> The easiest way would be to put the single module feedparser.py in the
> same directory as your program (I don't  completely get your reasons not
> to do that). OR put feedparser.py in some other directory that is already
> listed in sys.path. OR add the directory containing feedparser.py to
> sys.path, just at the beginning of your program.
>
> > I've tried:
>
> > import feedparser
>
> > import feedparser.feedparser
>
> > from feedparser import feedparser
>
> > What am I doing wrong? :)
>
> *IF* the directory 'feedparser' were a package (that is, if it contained a
> file __init__.py), then that last import statement would be valid. But I
> don't reccomend doing this; you're changing the module's environment.
>
> --
> Gabriel Genellina- Hide quoted text -

The malicious thing to do would be spam Python servers with 'import
Lib' and common locale-specific-language short words for techs: import
biblio, import server--- things we might all want really small-to-zero
numbers of... if in numbers... and such as columns of instancy (the
currency), from the instant of instant message.  So, can you tank my
laptop, or can I go tanking the town?