Python is slow

cm_gui cmgui2 at gmail.com
Sat May 24 01:56:57 EDT 2008

i am not comparing Python with C or C++ which are of course
compiled languages.

if there is any consolation to Python lovers here, Python is still
faster than Microsoft ASP/ASPX.

i'm not trying to 'troll' here.   it's not just me.
many have complained that python is slow.   python websites are slow.

if python is such a good programming/scripting language,
why can't they build a faster interpreter/compiler engine?
and beat php and zend.
to the python team, rebuild your interpreter!

torontolife.com is slow.

okay, maybe Python is only slightly slower than PHP,
but it APPEARS to be much slower.
there is a distinct waiting time whenever you access a python web page
before the page starts loading.  but once it loads, it is fast.
php page starts loading immediately once you access it,
but you can see the page slowly loading.
because you see the page starts loading immediately, you feel it is
fast.