UTF problem?

Vesa-Matti Sarenius sarenius at sun3.oulu.fi
Sun May 25 13:13:14 EDT 2008

I am trying to set up Linux printing via Windows XP and using this HOWTO:

http://justin.yackoski.name/winp/

I have one problem. When I send a file via CUPS to the windows spool
directory dirwatch.py (http://justin.yackoski.name/winp/dirwatch.txt) dies
and gives:

UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xa0'
in position 77: ordinal not in range (128)

I think that this has something to do with UTF-8 what I do not know is how
to get over it?

So could someone please help me to get dirwatch.py script to understand my
filenames (which, btw, do not have any non-ascii symbols, and will work
if I manually copy-rename them).

Thanks in advance!

Vesa-Matti

--
Vesa-Matti Sarenius, M.Sc.      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
mailto:sarenius at koivu.oulu.fi   *  Music seems to help the pain *