Python and Flaming Thunder

Matthew Woodcraft mattheww at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu May 22 17:14:44 EDT 2008

<s0suk3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> So it seems like you're designing a language for non-programmers.
> That's good, I've never heard about anyone so interested in teaching
> programming for kids and non-programmers. But in that case, you
> shouldn't even be comparing it to Python.

At one time, Guido was very keen on the idea of Python as a language to
introduce non-programmers to (under the 'Computer Programming for
Everybody' slogan).

I think it's rather a shame that this has more-or-less fallen by the
wayside. There are lots of people out there producing buggy
spreadsheets to do things that would be easier to do in a programming
language.

-M-