Why does python not have a mechanism for data hiding?

miller.paul.w at gmail.com miller.paul.w at gmail.com
Sun May 25 22:50:39 EDT 2008

On May 24, 9:41 am, Sh4wn <luckyluk... at gmail.com> wrote:

> Python advertises himself as a full OOP language, but why does it miss
> one of the basic principles of OOP? Will it ever be added to python?

Others have already answered this directly, but I'd like to mention
that languages I know of which have this feature also have a feature
for getting around it.  (e.g. C++ and friend classes) I don't know
about you, but I don't want features in the language that make me want
to circumvent them. Do you?