need some help in serving static files inside a wsgi apps

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun May 25 04:07:57 EDT 2008

> I guess, Apache does some kind of memory caching for files, which are often
> requested and small enough to fit into the system memory.

Are you sure about this? I could not find anything in the documentation
(other than mod_cache and friends, which is an unrelated functionality).
Also, I don't see the need for Apache to cache frequently requested
files itself. Instead, the operating system will cache frequently
requested directories and files in memory, and it will do the same for
a Python web server.

Regards,
Martin